Bewdley's workhouse had its origins in November 1736 when the Mayor and Burgesses of the town decided to erect a workhouse for the maintaining the poor. In the 1790s, such items included "Wine for the Sick 10d.", "Ale and Cakes for the Sick at times 4-2d", and "Cakes and Wigs [spiced buns] for the Sick 3d.".They donated £206 6s towards the cost of the building which was erected on a rented site, at what is now 64 High Street. Those who died in the workhouse had their funeral expenses paid, including the purchase of a coffin and the payment of coffin-bearers.That those that are absolutely necessitous, are better provided for than they were before ; and many of those were before burthensome to the Parish, have exerted themselves, so as to live by their own Industry, to avoid giving that Burthen ; by which, the Parish have already sav'd considerably. They are furnish'd with old Cable cut into Pieces, commonly called Junk, from the King's Yard at Deptford, to be pick'd into Oakum, for which they allow the Work-house 4 s. THAT there be Annually chosen by the Vestry, such Gentlemen and others, as the Parish Shall think most proper to inspect the Affairs of the House.
Increasing demand for places required the construction in 1816 of a further new workhouse was erected in Hornes’s Field, now Broad Street. The Bewdley Overseers' accounts record the payment of a doctor to visit the sick in the workhouse, and extra food for them.Westwic (at Norwich-over-the-Water) and the secondary settlement at Thorpe.According to a local rhyme, the demise of Venta Icenorum led to the development of Norwich: "Caistor was a city when Norwich was none, Norwich was built of Caistor stone." There are two suggested models of development for Norwich.In the slideshow, titled “Why Lewis Should Live With Us, By: Your Son”, John describes Daynes as “a strong young man that would be more than willing to help” and that “he is responsible, super nice and helpful and you can trust him”.John pleads: “Let Lewis come over and to get to know him better.Norwich is the fourth most densely populated local-government district in the East of England, with 3,480 people per square kilometre (8,993 per square mile).